I’ve found it difficult to get brown rice to turn out consistently until I found this easy technique. With this recipe, you’ll be able to make perfect brown rice – every time!
Makes 2 cups
1 cup short, medium, or long-grain brown rice
Sea salt, to taste
1. Rinse rice in a strainer under cold running water for 30 seconds.
2. Bring 12 cups water to a boil in a large pot with a tight-fitting lid over
3. Add the rice, stir it once, and boil, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
4. Pour the rice into a strainer over the sink.
5. Let the rice drain for 10 seconds, then return it to the pot, off of the heat.
6. Cover the pot and set it aside to allow the rice to steam for 10 minutes.
7. Uncover the rice, fluff with a fork, and season with sea salt.