Holistic Nutrition Therapy
If you’re tired of dieting, depriving and counting calories and are sincerely ready for sustainable change, this program might be right for you. I work with men and women who want to eat whole foods, but find their emotions often derail them from eating in a way that promotes health. They want to eat nourishing, homemade food, but then there is an addictive part of them that craves the comfort of sugar, processed carbs and convenience foods.
I’m a holistic nutrition counselor and a psychotherapist offering holistic nutrition therapy. This therapy offers an effective combination of science-based knowledge of whole foods and the nurturing support from a therapist. I find that introducing people to foods that are delicious and satisfying, providing step-by-step support on how to implement these changes, while at the same time helping them untangle their emotions around food is a powerful combination for sustainable change.
I work with men and women who are ready to take responsibility for their health, follow through on action steps and have the courage to face emotions that are keeping them stuck in a rut with food.
Improving your health is a journey, not an event. The reason that I work with clients in a 4-month program is not because they become perfect eaters in 4 months. It’s because I need to work with people who understand that making a sustainable change to their health takes an investment of time. Follow-up support is available after the 4-month program.
My responsibility is to meet clients where they are and help them move forward at a pace that is challenging but not overwhelming. There is no correct pace. This program is uniquely tailored to each person and no two sessions are alike. If you’re curious and want to learn more, I invite you to book a free, 60-minute nutrition consultation.
Holistic Nutrition Therapy – 4-month program
Length of program: 4 months, 8 sessions, scheduled every other week (Follow-up Support available after 4 months)
Length of each session: 60-minutes
Session flexibility: In-person (preferred), Skype, phone or a combination available on request
Email support: Email support in between sessions
Materials: Three books, 80 recipes, program binder packed with 100 supportive health handouts
1:1 Support: Customized counseling based on your unique lifestyle and health goals
FREE Ongoing Support: Free access to Women of Wellness meetings held at the Carondelet Center in St. Paul.
Cost of program: $1600.00 total (4 payments of $400.00) Cash or Check preferred, Credit Cards accepted
When is my payment due?: Your first payment is due when you decide you’d like to do the program. You can then schedule your 8 appointments in an every other week rhythm. Your three subsequent payments will be due on the 15th of the months we are working together.
How do I make my payment?: You can mail a check, made out to Maggie Christopher, to 821 Raymond Avenue, Suite 305, St Paul 55114, or you can ask me to send you an invoice via PayPal.
Booking your sessions: Once you’ve made your first payment, you’re welcome to book all 8 sessions, in an every other week format. I ask that you book all 8 appointments at once as availability fills up quickly and it’s very important to get support every other week as you’re developing new habits.
Appointment Cancellation Policy: I understand that it can be challenging to schedule appointments far in advance, so please know that I have a 24 hour cancellation policy. As long as you give me 24 hours notice of a cancellation, there is no charge for a missed session. I give clients a two-day reminder via both email and text of their appointment time which helps them remember to cancel their appointment well in advance of 24 hours. Clients are responsible for the full cost of a session if a 24-hour notice is not given.
Client Office Hours: (To view my current availability)
Monday: 1:30pm – 5:30pm
Tuesday: 2:00pm – 7:30pm
Thursday: 2:00pm – 7:30pm
Friday: 8:00am – 2:30pm
What you will experience by partnering with me . . .
- Understand & explore the root causes of your cravings (physical, emotional, mental & spiritual)
- Guidance from a psychotherapist trained to uncover the emotional blocks that have undermined your ability to make healthy food choices
- Become more mindful in your eating as well as in other areas of your life
- Discover delicious, satisfying ways to enjoy whole foods that nourish & support health
- Easy, organized action steps to support you in reaching your goals
- Get guidance around meal planning so you can supply yourself and your family with good food in an efficient manner.
- Scientifically researched knowledge on whole foods
- Receive emotional support to grow into changes at a pace that empowers you
- Get knowledge and support to overcome your unique health challenges
- Discover how to lose weight without deprivation, hunger or dissatisfaction
- Understand what to include in a meal to not only heal the body, but calm your cravings
- Tailored knowledge and support for the beginner as well as the seasoned cook
- Understand your unique emotional eating patterns and how to grow past them
- Set goals and get the support you need to meet them
- Have a therapist hold you accountable in a supportive way to accelerate your growth
- Receive the attentiveness and skill of a therapist to truly understand you and your unique food challenges so that you can create a nourishing relationship with food & your body
- Discover enjoyable lifestyle practices that support your health
- Receive specific recommendations for complimentary therapies that can provide additional support in healing your body
- Discover excellent, effective self-care products that enhance your beauty without chemicals
- Enjoy having more energy, more confidence, greater self-awareness, reduced or eliminated health symptoms, weight loss and so much more
- Receive support and knowledge around food sensitivities.
- Create a stable blood sugar to reduce inflammation and lessen your risk for chronic disease
- Explore movement (exercise) that you enjoy to support healing
- Learn communication skills that can enhance your personal relationships while meeting your emotional needs
- Free access to a group of like-minded women (90+ members and growing) who are current and past clients
- Bring more joy and self-compassion into your life
- Follow-up support available after the initial 4 month program
*I do not sell any food products or supplements. However, I may recommend supplements that can support your healing. I provide information about products and companies if you choose to purchase them. I provide the knowledge and guidance that you need to regain your health using one-ingredient foods from nature prepared in a way that is not only delicious, but supports healthy digestion and assimilation.
(Who is that cute puppy in the picture?! That’s Bodhi. She’s three years old and quite a sweet, friendly pup! I wanted a therapy dog to bring to sessions with me as many people find animals soothing and comforting. I don’t bring her in everyday but on occasion. If you have a pet allergy, just let me know and I will make sure she’s not there during your sessions.)